April 3, 1929 – The Port Matilda Fire Company was established to provide firefighting services for the Port Matilda area.
April 4, 1929 – Committee created to write constitution and by-laws to establish purpose and organization of PMFC.
January 3, 1930 – Charter with Port Matilda Borough granted by Centre County Court.
December 20, 1930 – PMFC purchased their first apparatus, A used 1924 Childs International Pumper Model 33 Chemical and Hose Truck for $1286. It had a Deluge Fire Pump that put out 275 gpm at 87 psi, solid rubber tires, and was produced by Prospect Fire Engine Company of Prospect, Ohio.
January 15, 1931 – 500 feet of 2/12 inch from Fabric Fire Hose Company purchased for $650. PMFC now had a fully equipped apparatus to respond to incidents.
September 1944 PMFC looked to upgrade to a Pumper with 375 gpm or 500 gpm pump to be installed on their Ford Chassis. The Childs Pumper had previously been installed on that chassis but it no longer fully met their needs.